Sunday, May 27, 2007

Triple Knot Your Shoes


Have you ever tripped on your shoe laces? On one of my runs the bow of the shoe lace was bigger than normal and my opposite foot got caught and I bit the dust. I was fortunate that I was not on a busy road because I would of got hit. The spill was not really bad because I caught myself with my hands. I did scrap my hands and the knee though. I tripled knotted the laces and went on to finish the last 9 miles.
I ran 74 miles with my long run of 15 miles. I did 4 x 1 mile repeats between 5:10 and 5:19 with 2:15 rest between the repeats. I also ran a 4 mile anaerobic run at 5:34 pace. This type of run is used to improve your anaerobic threshold and can be kinda tough by yourself.
This week I have a question about on how to avoid blisters on your feet. My best advice is to make sure you get the appropriate pair of socks. Look for a pair moisture wicking socks. These will take the moisture away from your feet and work pretty good. I know of some people that use body glide on their feet and says it works. If you have a blister make sure you you take care of it and you might use something called tough skin to put on the blister. If you have any questions about running you can post them on my Running Forum or Email me. Until next time, have a Great Run.

No comments: