Sunday, July 29, 2007

Pro Football Hall of Fame Race


This week I ran 66 miles which is drop from my 80 to 85 miles I have been running the last 4 weeks. You want to drop your mileage every three to four weeks to give your body and mind a rest. It also gives your body a chance to adapt to the stress you have been putting on it. My 15 mile run was a success and I ran between 6:30 to 6:40 pace for the run. On Wednesday I ran a 5 mile AT run averaging 6:00 pace. On Sunday I ran the Pro Football Hall of Fame 5 mile race in 26:50. It was a solid performance and feel happy about the results.
Having to race on Sunday I had a youtube viewer ask me how do you pace yourself for a race. First you have to have an overall goal in mind. For example it may be 25 minutes for 5 miles. Once you have this realistic goal decided, by how your training is going you break the time into mile splits. Once you have done that you want to run the entire race within that time frame. So for the time a gave earlier you want to average 5 minutes per mile. The most critical time of a race is the first minutes of the race. Make sure you do not let your emotions get a hold at the start of the race and run even splits. If you have any questions about running you can post them on my Running Forum or Email me. Until next time, have a Great Run.

No comments: