Sunday, July 22, 2007

Technical Difficulties


Sorry about not posting for the last few weeks. I have had technical difficulties with the website. Everything is now up and running. I will give you a quick summary for the last four weeks. My mileage has increased from 75, 80, 80 and this week 85 miles. My first week I was in Florida for vacation and ran easy. July fourth weekend I ran a five mile race in 27:11 and felt solid. The next two weeks I ran a 400 meter workouts on the track. I did between 16 to 18 in 74 seconds with a one minute break. This workout is supposed to help me neuromuscular to get me running faster. I have not run that pace in well over a year now. The other important run is an anaerobic threshold run where I run 6 miles at 5:30 pace. This run is going to help with strength and will help my body with dealing with lactic acid.

I want to continue with the use of a Heart Monitor. When you do easy base mileage you want to have your HR between 135 to 150. This pace is used normally a lot at the beginning of the season. As the season progresses once a week you want to do a medium run which is between 150 to 165. At roughly 167 beats per minute is where your anaerobic threshold is and you should run 4 to 6 miles at this pace. Finally, when your above 170 bpm you are doing shorter runs at faster pace with a rest in between. For example when I do mile repeats I run them at 5:10 pace with a two minute recovery in between. I thing to remember when using a HM during the hot summer you HR will be higher so you have to make some changes because of the heat.
If you have any questions about running you can post them on my Running Forum or Email me. Until next time, have a Great Run.

No comments: